Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tutorial Tuesday: DIY Wreath on the Cheap!

Fall is in the air!

Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. The brisk air, falling leaves, and beautiful shades of browns and oranges all make the Fall season so wonderful and cozy.

With Fall comes lots of fun and festive decorations, and today I'm going to share with you how to make a really simple Fall wreath using only 3 items.



What I really love about this wreath is that it requires absolutely NO sewing and NO hot glue! Yay!

Here's what you'll need:

2 (25x6) spools of orange tulle
1 small wreath (I used a wicker wreath from the Dollar Tree-$1.00)
Ribbon of your choice for hanging


Here's how to do it:
(if you can tie a shoe, you can totally do this!)

Cut tulle into 10 inch strips. 
*If you have a thicker wreath, you may want to use a little more than 10 inches. This is a judgement call*
Tie each strip onto wreath in a square knot (just like you're tying a shoe).
 Continue that process until you've covered the whole wreath.
Fluff the tulle
Use ribbon to hang the wreath. You can even add a bow if you'd like!

See? Totally simple! And it cost right around $7 total to make!

What's even greater is that you can use any color tulle for any holiday. I plan on making one for Christmas as well.

I'm so excited to hang my wreath on our front door. I love decorating for Fall!
How do YOU decorate for Fall? Do you have any simple craft ideas that you've tried? I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment